You ever have these visions in your head for something you want to create and more often than not, they turn out a total mess? That’s pretty much my life. It happens with everything from photography to crafts, and of course food. It’s almost always a fail. Not in the sense, we can’t eat it, just we can’t shoot it. I wanted to attempt to make 4th of July Cupcakes and well, just keep scrolling to see how I impressed myself!
I’m no pro when it comes to baking or anything that involves the kitchen. I do enjoy cooking, especially with the crock pot and I love to bake! I use to bake all the time, whether it be from scratch or the box, I loved to bake. Often, my creations are not worthy of photography. Let me tell you about the 4th of July cupcakes. I swore this was going to be a disaster.
I decided to just box it this time. It’s hot and I don’t want to be standing in the kitchen forever. So I grabbed my Betty Crocker Butter Recipe Yellow cake mix along with some cream cheese frosting and I made myself some 4th of July Cupcakes. Now, when you make cupcakes from a box, you should be able to get about 24 cupcakes. Tell me how I was only able to make 12 and why in the world was my batter super thick? I tell you, sometimes I question how I have survived 28 years.
I swore these cupcakes were going to be huge and explode. Haha. I will have to share a photo on my Instagram account to show you what I was looking at. However, I was really impressed with how well these turned out and I couldn’t be more excited! I am actually excited to do try and make more cupcakes for the blog. To make these 4th of July Cupcakes, takes no work. It was so easy and fun. Plus the kids loved them and that’s what matters right?
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Butter Recipe Yellow Can Mix (additional ingredients needed)
- 1 14 oz Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red & Blue Sprinkles
- Red & Blue Food Coloring
- Follow mixing instructions according to box.
- Separate batter into 3 bowls
- Add Blue food coloring to one bowl, mix well
- Add Red food coloring to another bowl, mix well
- Add liners to Cupcake Pan
- Scoop White batter into each cupcake
- Scoop Red Batter into each Cupcake (put on the side)
- Scoop Blue Batter into each cupcake (put on the opposite side of red)
- Optional - Use a toothpick to swirl colors together
- Bake According to Box Directions
- Decorate How you please
- Serve and Enjoy